[WriteLog] WhereRU etc

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WhereRU etc
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:14:37 -0500
W9OL is running a WhereRU server - I've been on it this evening with
Bill and VA7SW.  Would be fun if things were really slow.  Easier to
chat on WhereRU than sending emails!  Interesting that if you are
running 2R, WhereRU reports the frequency of your active ENTRY window -
cool.

RITTY is printing the polarites VERY well - I've never had a little
string of UA's before tonight.

Also, I'm only using an old Gateway P166 and one monitor at 1280x1024,
and I'm running email (StarBand satellite), DX Telnet, Writelog with 2R,
packet spots/bandmap etc, WhereRU, and IE and it's all working FB, even
on this ole slow CPU!

I've already violated the 5-min bandchange rule, so I guess I'm in the
EXPERT group with NO expertise, so I'm going to bed!  CU tomorrow after
I get the new family ham home from CW class, when I hope conditions and
activity are UP.  73