[WriteLog] SO2R setup documentation expanded at writelog.com

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R setup documentation expanded at writelog.com
From: ei8ic@eircom.net (Tim Makins, EI8IC)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:55:22 -0000
I would like to suggest that the documentation could still do with improving
in this small but growing interest-area. I am currently developing some
contest interface circuitry that I am trying to make compatible with as many
of the major contest loggers as possible. I downloaded the .pdf manual from
the website and found it very well written. However, there are some things
that I am not clear about...

The band-selected information appears on a selected LPT port (LPT1,2 or 3),
as mentioned on pages 137,138 and 141. However, I am not sure what happens
when 2 radios are selected for SO2R operation. Does the band information
reflect the currently 'live' radio, or are two LPT ports used, one for each
radio ??  Or perhaps it's something else again....

Secondly, the chart on page 141 appears to say that if an LPT port is
selected for Antenna Relay use, then the signals for CW, PTT, and A/B Radio
Select are not included on that port. Is this correct ? (in which case, 3
LPT ports are needed for SO2R with external antenna relays ??? Not everyone
has two, much less 3 LPT ports normally installed.)