[WriteLog] DX Telnet now supports password authentication for SMTP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX Telnet now supports password authentication for SMTP
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:14:47 -0500
Some of you use DX Telnet for Internet and/or RF spots, either
standalone or to Writelog and/or DX4WIN.  Fab has now added password
authentication to EMAILERT to support those servers that need it, e.g.
StarBand's SMTP! Some ISP's use the same server for both POP3
(receiving) and SMTP (sending) email, whereas others have separate
servers for these functions. Furthermore, some ISP's require "password
authentication" to log onto their SMTP server to send email. Fab has
graciously and expeditiously added this capability to DX Telnet's
EMAILERT program!  I have updated my DX Telnet Setup page
(http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm) to discuss the EMAILERT program
in more detail (near the bottom of that Setup page).  The EMAILERT setup
screenshot has also been updated to show the new password authentication
entry areas.  The updated EMAILERT files from Fab can be downloaded by
clicking http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/emailert.zip. Unzip the files into
your emailert folder, already within your DX Telnet folder.  HAVE FUN!
73

(This announcement and zip file availability was made with Fab's
permission.  No financial connection etc etc - just a great program that
works well with other great programs!)
John - WA9ALS - VP5RY - VP5/WA9ALS

VP5 photos:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/vp5photos.htm
     email:  wa9als@qsl.net