[WriteLog] New WriteLog Contest Module

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New WriteLog Contest Module
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:07:03 -0500
> There is also no warning message if one tries to log a contact when
> the
> RCVD field is left blank. WL accepts and logs the incomplete
> exchange.

Well, I thought maybe "Required" just wasn't checked in Exchange
Paremeter setup, but that's not the case.  On mine, "Required" -IS-
checked, but it logs it anyway without a warning, as Eddie said.
However, the seq number has the "RED B" next to it, and the Q is not
counted in the Band Summary.

I'm sure some have different thoughts on this, but I like to set all
REQUIRED (by the rules) parts of the exchange to "Required" by Writelog.
That way it won't LET me log an incomplete exchange!  I check this for
ALL contests, because I've found some contests where at least one
essential part was NOT "Required" by default.  It would be nice if this
could be fixed, but at least incomplete Q's don't seem to be counted.
73

John - W6/WA9ALS