[WriteLog] TrueTTY/Type ahead buffer wish

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TrueTTY/Type ahead buffer wish
From: gbright@bellsouth.net (Grant Bright, Ph.D.)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:03:33 -0500
Hi Wayne, David and ListMates,

I don't know how to put the two together, but I think I
might know part of why you ask. Perhaps because of TrueTTY's
type ahead capabilities?

I want to thank Wayne, Ron and all the team for a neat
program. It was late at night when I first tried to use it,
and lets just say, I didn't do well with it. Now that I am
coming up to speed, I love the way the colored alerts come
in ...just one click on the alert and you know what country
he is in along with the beam direction and the
sunrise/sunset. That's a great feature.

If I had one wish for WriteLog, it would be to have the type
ahead buffer be a part of the bottom of the receive windows,
have word wrap, word out at a time, auto line feed and
perhaps an adjustable time out to allow a couple of seconds
to correct typos. I have tried XPWIN, and PkTerm. They have
nice type ahead buffers, but lack the neat incoming alerts,
etc.

There is not another program--that I know of-- that combines
the receive identification of WriteLog with the two "click"
ability to call. But many times even in a fast DX contact, a
question comes along that I don't have a macro set up for,
so I have to type. I fumble to get the type ahead buffer up,
then forget to hit return and my line just stretches out
from Georgia to about the Texas border. In my haste I xx
cross out mistakes. The print looks not so great 5 or 6000
thousand miles away.

I love being able to really put the 1000D to work with one
receiver's output to the TU and the other to the soundcard.
Interestingly, the probability is that if one misses a word
the other will catch it. It is very surprising how the two
receivers and two receive windows work together. Now I just
need to get the other tower up using diversity receive to
really bring 'em in. hihi

Now if that typing buffer would just stay put, and have the
features I mentioned above, I would be a very happy
RTTY/WriteLog kinda guy.

Thanks for considering this Wayne, I know your list of "get
'round to s" is long.

73 to All
Grant
W4OJC