[WriteLog] What Have I missed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] What Have I missed
From: k4sb@akorn.net (Ed)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 20:40:05 +0000
Allan Briscoe wrote:
OK .. I admit to being a relatively new user to Writelog and the
reflector, but somewhere along the line I have missed the reason that
some folks (seems to be predominantly RTTY contesters) seem to feel
the need to post their contest results to the reflector, and sometimes
in great detail.  Is this the way that the results get transmitted to
the contest organizer (seems to me that there must be a better way !!)
or is it simply a way of bragging about your score. If it is the
latter, I can't help but wonder what would happen to the relector if
every Writelog user, in every contest, suddenly decided to also post
their results. Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject ??
Well, just a couple. I enjoy seeing the scores of my friends posted,
and a lot of us use them as a comparison to our own score.

I strongly suggest you need to read the rules as to how a "score" goes
to the sponsor. As to the rest of your inquiry, I also suggest you
gather a little more experience before sounding off.

73
Ed