[WriteLog] What Have I missed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] What Have I missed
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:17:15 -0500
I wasn't going to add to this thread BUT... John is 100% correct, many
SSB and CW contesters are getting curious about RTTY and as John
said, with the sound cards, more operators are entering RTTY contests
and operating RTTY more in general.  This is a welcome addition especially
in the time when other digital modes are popping up and people are saying
things like PSK31 and MFSK16 are going to replace RTTY.

Well, none of the new modes can touch RTTY when it comes to contesting.
That's a fact.  And because WriteLog is the best RTTY contesting program
and one of the best overall RTTY programs for daily use, it's getting a
lot of threads going on this reflector.  It's doubtful many are using WriteLog
on CW or SSB for their everyday operating like many of us are doing on RTTY.

I'd like to encourage anyone that has not tried RTTY contesting to do so.  And
like I have with many on this reflector, I will personally give anyone help
outside
the reflector when it comes to setting up WriteLog for RTTY.  I currently use
a PK232, a DXP38 and sound cards in two networked computers.  For the
packetcluster I use DXTelnet to supply RTTY subband spots only into WriteLog.
I run FSK only.  These things I know intimately, so if you need help, ask me!

The EA RTTY contest is this weekend.  In the past it was not a very popular
contest.  But recent rules changes combined with SM6SRW creating a module
for it in WriteLog will make this contest more fun for us.  So please join in.
This
would be an excellent contest to get your feet wet in.  It's only 24 hours and
not
the same high paced action of the ARRL RTTY Roundup or WPX or CQWW
and everyone is welcome!

See you there!
73, Don AA5AU