[WriteLog] SM6SRW contest modules

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SM6SRW contest modules
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:23:34 -0000
Some days ago I reported having problems with installing Jorgen's latest
module version.  That's been solved!

Would like now to thank Jorgen publicly for sticking with me through many
tries as we searched unsuccessfully for a solution.  Today the problem
surfaced as a small but very significant error in my own WriteLog.ini file.
Seems I had done some editing a few weeks ago on file locations, and ended
up with a double backslash on the line in [Multipliers] pointing to my WL
directory.  That sloppy editing artifact was enough to do it.

Being one who prefers to edit the INI file directly, and do so routinely
when port and equipment changes are made - (which is frequently)  - I hadn't
paid attention to this segment of the file.  Everything had worked fine as
far as I knew.  But doing the install surfaced the problem.

Jorgen was wonderfully persistent and patient, even when I offered to let
things drop for the present.  He was back just about daily via e-mail with
new things to try.  So many thanks to him for an incredible level of support
with a real puzzle caused by my earlier carelessness.

Thanks also to John, WA9ALS for e-mailing me a copy of the new SM6SRW .DLL
file for the EA RTTY test this weekend, in case we didn't get the basic
problem solved.

Guess it was just a   "short between the headphones..."

Jon     K1US