[WriteLog] Writelog & RITTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog & RITTY
From: du3nxe@mozcom.com (Chuck Kresge)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:03:19 +0800
For Writelog plus RITTY users-

I recently upgraded Writelog to version 10.25M and RITTY to version 4.5 so I
could use them together. But I have not been able to do so.

In accordance with the Writelog help files I added the following line:
"RITTY_LOCATION=C:\RITTY" to the WRITELOG.INI file just after [Rttyrite].

Then I go into Windows and click on the Writelog program shortcut. When the
program opens I change the modem to "RITTY in a DOS window".

Then the Bill Gates "BLUE SCREEN" window pops up telling me "An exception 0E
has occured at 0028, etc., etc.". After clearing this window I am back in
Writelog and the RITTY tuning window is present but on top is a warning
window saying-"RITTY This program requires more conventional memory. Unload
drivers, etc, etc.". But when I reboot back into DOS and use the MEM /C
command to check memory I find that there is 638,928 (624K). bytes available
which seems to me should be more than adequate.

Then when I am back in Windows I click on the MSDOS prompt in the program
list and the BLUE SCREEN warning pops up again. So something must be eating
up conventional memory when I go into Windows. Checking AUTOEXEC.BAT AND
CONFIG.SYS I find that I have everything loaded high. I even temporarily
removed the CDROM commands by the REM command to try and free up more memory
but it did not help.

My computer is an INTEL Celeron 366MHz PC with 32MB RAM and a big 4+GB
harddrive. It has Windows 98 with the latest upgrades installed.

Can anyone give me some ideas about what is keeping me from opening the DOS
RITTY tuning window with Writelog so I can use them together? I want to see
if Writelog/RITTY is a better choice for RTTY contesting than my present
WF1B/RITTY.

Many thanks in advance for your help-Chuck-DU3NXE du3nxe@mozcom.com