[WriteLog] sync time

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sync time
From: Robert.Turner@ibx.com (Turner, Robert D. Jr)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:20:51 -0400
Under NT and W2K, you can AT Schedule a command. Our work configuration has
all servers twice per day running the following command.  We point it a a
server that we know has the correct time.

NET TIME \\ServerName /Set /Y

Sorry, I don't remember with what OS/Service Pack this feature became
available for Windows.  I belive the AT schedule was part of OS/2 and was
brought forward into NT.

If W98 did have this ability, you would AT schedule the NET TIME command
several times per day.  Depending on how fast the time skews, you might
schedule it hourly.

73
Bob
N2SCJ