[WriteLog] Dead Mic ?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dead Mic ?
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:54:27 EDT
I'm trying to get a new computer to run. Everything works fine except the MIC
input. Its just dead. It may be a broken trace on the mother board (main
board sound), but I don't know. It has an AC97 codec.

What I found interesting is that the WriteLog Sound Mixer Level Control
program has the "MIC active" box greyed out so it can't be selected. Does
this mean there is some system function that is set wrong? If so, what?  The
normal Windows Volume Control shows the MIC normally, not muted.

The Line In and Line Out work fine in DigiPan.
"Echo Microphone" is checked.

Tks in advance & 73,
AL

C ya all in WPX next weekend!