[WriteLog] Re: Erratic CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Erratic CW
From: w6ya@home.com (Jim McCook)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 04:56:12 +0000
Thanks to all that offered suggestions.  Many explained that this sort
of error is inherent with Windows because of multi-tasking compromises.
I am using a 200MHz with 128k, but it may still be too slow, because
some mentioned the problem had disappeared after they got faster
machines.

It was suggested to be SURE nothing else is running concurrent with
WriteLog (I thought I had).  This may have been due to not disconnecting
the cable internet connection and firewall program, which I had
forgotten about.

Also, by using LPT2 to key the radio, perhaps there is a problem with a
printer driver configured to it, though one might think it would be
inactive with no printer connected.  Someone suggested that certain
hardware can increase the chance for this problem to occur.

If all else fails, I suppose the answer is to stick with the external
keyer.

73, Jim
W6YA