[WriteLog] DVK and PTT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK and PTT
From: don.wsixffh@verizon.net (Donald Eriksen)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:45:52 -0700
To wrap up this question, Arliss, it's a qualified YES answer. Quoting from
the Help file (under "Sound board Interfacing"), "If you check an LPT port
in the DVK column in "Setup, Port setup", (except Win NT), Writelog asserts
LPT pin 16 for the length of the wave file so you can use it to drive a
relay for PTT (one way you can do it), BUT IF YOUR RIG SUPPORTS RS-232
CONTROL OF TRANSMITT AND RECEIVE THEN THE PTT CONNECTION IS NOT NEEDED (the
caps are mine).
I suggest you do as suggested by Dennis, NB1B, quoted below in the last
paragraph of his response, and like I did, turn VOX off, (and to be safe I
took the PTT line off the sequencer), and try your DVK msgs.
I don't have my DVK set up right now, but I verified I can run PSK or RTTY
with the sound card and no VOX with my FT1000D. I put a scope on the PTT
line to the sequencer and verified a normal PTT voltage my sequencer needs.
Hope this helps, good luck in the contest.

don.wsixffh@verizon.net