[WriteLog] WRITELOG ERROR MESSAGES?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WRITELOG ERROR MESSAGES?
From: VinceK6BIR@aol.com (VinceK6BIR@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:23:16 EDT
Chas,

You did not say what version of Writelog you are using, I had a similar
problem here
using WIN98 SE, had the "member not found" message when trying to enter a
call sign in
the call entry section, I do not use packet and W/L together, I was trying to
reinstall W/L
on my laptop, sent e-mails to K5DJ and did not get any help, even though I
have an
updated registration for W/L.

 My original version was 10.13, the program would work OK, but when I updated
version 10.26b, I had the member not found problem, what I did to correct my
problem
was to remove Writelog from the computer and start over again, this will mean
removing
the wlogkey.ini and writelog.ini files from C:Windows folder, make sure that
you have
removed all of the Writelog files from you computer where ever you may have
W/L
installed, I then reinstalled my original version 10.13, then I went to the
W/L web site and
downloaded Ver. 10.22b and installed it, this is the last version I found
before 10.26b on
the site, and checked to see everything worked OK, I then installed the
latest version
10.26b, after doing all of that everything is working OK now.

I also have Writelog running on my desktop computer without no problems, so I
was able
to compare the files from it to the files on the laptop, could not find any
files that were
different, it seems that the only way to make it work was reinstalling V
10.22b before
going on from there, you may want to backup your Writelog.ini file and any
other files
that you may feel necessary before making any changes, one thing to check
before doing
any of the above is to go to the wlogkey.ini file to see that it has your
latest registration
number, you should be able to do that by going to, Start, Run, then type,
wlogkey.ini, this
will show your number there, if necessary you can make any changes there.

This seems to be a problem with several users, sent Ron, K5DJ an e-mail about
this, another thing that he said to do is to do a full download at:
http://www.com/Downloads/WL10.26BFULL-y4sa.ZIP, I have not tried this, but I
do know that the above does work, so I would try the full download first, if
that does not work then try the above method.

Hope this helps

73,  Vince,  K6BIR