[WriteLog] W5XD+ Keyer Problem.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD+ Keyer Problem.
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:11:26 -0700 (PDT)
The "problem" you describe doesn't sound like it's got anything
to do with the keyer -- I think you're seeing  the regular
behavior of WriteLog when running 2 radios.

It's always been my experience that doing anything to set focus
to the "other" radio window when one radio is calling CQ (or
sending the exchange or whatever) will cause the transmission to
stop.

It certainly happens that way when running RTTY on two radios,
and I think someone explained it to me as the way it's
"supposed' to work, although I find it quite annoying -- if I
want to interrupt the transmission on one radio, I'll set focus
to that radio and hit ESC -- otherwise, it shouldn't care what
I'm doing!

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com