[WriteLog] [faunt@panix.com: Uniques, the greater impact, and club compe

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [faunt@panix.com: Uniques, the greater impact, and club competitions]
From: k2nj@worldnet.att.net (Bill Inkrote)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:24:19 -0000
Jesus....  This is insane -

Casual operators DO NOT HURT ANYONE...

CQ does NOT remove UNIQUES !  And if any sponsor does remove them, then that
sponsor would be very lonely the next time around - because all serious
contest stations would not go into the contest.

The difference between a WINNER and also-rans is the ability to work more
stations... PERIOD... This means they WANT UNIQUE stations that just happen
on the band and work one or ten stations... then go to church, car race,
wash their hair or whatever......

Now by this stupid (too long lived) thread people are now saying " gee,
maybe I should not work contest stations because I am hurting them"...
GIMME A BREAK!

UBN Uniques are not deleted (unless they can be PROVEN as a broken call)
They are marked as unique, JUST MARKED --- check out the explanations... the
are MARKED but not REMOVED.

Get your stuff right before you guys cause a panic... and kill this thread -
its overlived its usefulness...

Bill K2NJ