[WriteLog] LPT ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT ports
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:01:31 +0000

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 12:35:29 +0100 Clive Whelan
<clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk> writes:

> I am more than a little miffed to find that WL only supports a
> single LPT port, which seems to mean that I will not be able to
> use the prog at present.
>
> I presently use TRlog and have two radios configured on
> COM1/LPT1( keying)  and the other on COM4/LPT3(keying), and use
> this in SO2R.
>
> I just cannot see why only one LPT port is allowed.
>
> Anybody see a solution to my problem?

I see two solutions:

1. Do cw keying and rig control on the same serial port.

2. Use the A/B signal on the one LPT port to drive a spdt relay,
(through an npn transistor relay driver) to direct the LPT keying
to the proper radio.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com