[WriteLog] Update: Do We Need a Generalized Website

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Update: Do We Need a Generalized Website
From: nt1v@hotmail.com (Robert Boyd)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:53:10 -0400

Hi All,

I am pleased that a generalized RTTY list-server (reflector) has replaced
the one that WF1B sponsored for so many years.  Thanks to both Ray and Dan
Senie for their work in providing it.

Dick Stevens has sent me a CD containing the files that had been on his
web-site.  Some files may be carried on other sites; When I get the CD in
hand (I'm in Phoenix for an extended period on a work-related task) I'll see
what we need.

Many of you replied that you had relied on the N1RCT site for referance
material, and that you had missed it.  Me too, and that is what started me
on this project.  I'm sorry that I didn't do it earlier.  Several of you
suggested that I ask for contributions, but I'm not going to do that.  I
want this site to be my "pay back" to the RTTY community for all the help
that I've rec'd over the years.  It does not cost much to register a domain
name and put up a web-site;  I'll advise the site-name within the next week
or ten days.

Several of you suggested that this site, at least in part, serve as a
"master RTTY directory" to contain links to the RTTY info housed on other
sites, such as www.digitalham.net, www.w5brr.com, www.k9jy.com, etc.  I
agree that would be helpful.

I will need YOUR help in making this a good resource.  Please forward to me
links to other RTTY sites, and info that you'd like contained on this site.
You can email me at NT1V@hotmail.com and I will confirm that I've rec'd it
and can use it.

Thanks and best regards,

Bob - NT1V  (ex-W1VXV)