[WriteLog] Keyboarding skills

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Keyboarding skills
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:52:25 +0100
Hi Barry

> If I really screw up the call as I enter it, I use my paddles, which is
> wired in parallel with the computer keying output.
> If I'm just a little slow, I hit INS after getting enough characters to
> identify the call, so others don't think it's for them.
> Would be nice if that WL "little red box" was better correlated with
> real time, as it is in CT.

Thanks. The technique you mention is certainly opaque in the literature I
must say. I always have paddles available in TR, but there the speed is
correlated wit the computer via the paddle port, which is very valuable.
Of course there is no way that Windows can do that because of timing
constraints, hey ho.

73

Clive
GW3NJW