[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Re: NAQP SCORE

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Re: NAQP SCORE
From: Rick.Commo@verizon.net (Rick Commo)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:07:43 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Roger Borowski

>>That gets quite cumbersome when you get an average of 150 messages per
day, with
>>some days exceeding 200 messages and 50 to 80 are of off topic
>>subjects! -=Rog-K9RB=-

It doesn't really have to be that cumbersome to handle a couple of
hundred messages per day. I typically get 250 to 400 messages a day
and can get through most of them in 15 minutes.  When I've come back
from a couple of days of vacation and found 1300 stack up it stretches
out to maybe 30 minutes.

One technique is to sweep them out in "wide swaths".  I have the
mail program the mail messages by subject rather than by time or
sender.  I start at the bottom of the list and work forward.  If
there are, say, 5 message with the same title, I just hold the <shift>
key while using the <up-arrow> key and then a single hit on the
<delete> key and they are all gone.  Works even better with 10 or 15
message alike!

I agree with Jim's original comment.  I want "technical" info here;
I'll go to the contesting reflector for scores.

Cheers,
-ricK7log