[WriteLog] Spots

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Spots
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:21:18 -0000
> Is there anyway to send spots from another computer on the
> network - i.e.: a
> spotting RX - and have it appear as spots from packet on the other
> computer(s) so the can be grabbed by clicking?

I don't think you can do this via the packet window, but you can certainly
enter the spot on to the Band Map (set up a function key with '%B' as the
only entry. Then as you spot stations you can hit that function key and it
will put it in the Band Map) where the colors show up correctly for 'new
mult' or 'new station' or 'dupe.' You can then click on the call from the
Band Map and have it automatically move you to the frequency and hit F12 to

> Is there a way to connect to packet clusters via telnet and radio at the
> same time?

Yes, I use DXtelnet which does an excellent job of connecting to multiple
packet nodes, including an RF node, and presenting spots to WriteLog. WA9ALS
has documentation on his site for also sending the spots to his logging
program at the same time as WriteLog. Otherwise, the DXtelnet documentation
should have you working just fine. I use it here, so if you need more help,
I can do that. I don't remember the DXtelnet site, but it's in my web site
under 'WriteLog Links' and 'Other Links.' http://www.k9jy.com

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com