[WriteLog] external com ports for laptop

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] external com ports for laptop
From: k4rv@mindspring.com (Sain'T Tom)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:28:02 -0500
     Is their a computer accessory that I can add externally (via USB or
through the one com port or..whatever..?) to my laptop to provide the
additional com ports necessary for simultaneous use of CW, Rotor Control,
and Rig Control with Writelog?

    In writelog.ini[Ports] under Setup Ports it is stated that LPT port
support is not available in Windows NT or Windows2000.  Is there LPT support
available in Windows Millenium Edition, or is Millenium Edition just another
name for Windows2000?

Thanks for any help
Tom K4RV