[WriteLog] % in messages and bandmap control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] % in messages and bandmap control
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:24:51 -0000
Hi Clive,

> Two things drove me to distraction in IOTA viz
>
> 1. The manual states that if the call field is empty, then % in
> a message sends the previous serial number. I found that it
> consistently sent 000  which was frustrating when sending fills
> which had to be done from the paddle.

This never worked in previous versions. The latest version, just released,
fixes this with a specific setup: %P0 (P zero). Put that in one of your
function key messages and it will send the previous serial number.

> 2. The manual states that if an entry in the bandmap is
> highlighted, then pressing enter tunes the radio and places the
> info in the entry screen. I found this did not happen and I
> needed to right click the bandmap, and then click the required
> option to Tune to that station. Even Alt T from that menu did
> not seem to work

A couple of things here. First, you don't need to right click and then
select Tune. Just double left click on the call and WriteLog will
automatically move the station to the QSO Entry Window and change your radio
to the frequency with rig control.

Second - and I haven't seen what you describe in the manual, so I'm
guessing - is that what you are describing might only work if you have the
'Enter' key function entered into WriteLog.ini. I think it's under 'Special
Accelerator Keys' where the help file talks about CT compatibility as well
as using the Enter key for functions (emulating TR). I'd check there, but,
as I said, on this one I'm guessing.

Hope you did well in the IOTA contest, Clive!

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com