[WriteLog] Alt-K - Konfusion

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Alt-K - Konfusion
From: sholton@optonline.net (Steve Holton)
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:03:44 -0400
One of the problems that may be causing confusion in the way ALt-K behaves
is that it varies with where the focus is in the Writelog-Rttyrite windows.

And here the use of the term "focus" is really means which window is "on
top" - not necessarily which windows title bar is Blue (darkened), this is
because it's quite possible to have no window darkened even though the
focus is on one the Writelog "family" of windows. This is not normally what
one typically might expect in Windows - but of course it is Windoze
programming, been there done that - can be really ugly at times!

If the Rttyrite window is on top (and in this case it seems to be always
have a highlighted title bar) I get the type ahead window on Alt-K.
If the Writelog window is on top (and it may not be highlighted) then I get
the immediate transmit window on Alt-K.
If you grab a call from the Rttyrite window with the mouse this doesn't
change the focus from the writelog window so Alt-K is the immediate transmit.
Further if the Rttyrite window is in focus and you grab a call with the
mouse the focus is moved to the Writelog window (though all title bars are
greyed) which yields immediate transmit on Alt-K.
And of course if the Writelog RTTY receiver window is in focus then Alt-K
does nothing. This wouldn't normally ever be the case unless you had
selected it to move it, ......

I'm using Rttyrite with soundcard FSK (will move to MMTY shortly). I have
dual boot Win2000 and Win98 on the same machine. Both give the same behavior.

Steve Holton N1NB