[WriteLog] Pushing the envelope?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Pushing the envelope?
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:45:33 +0100
Hi

I am considering using WL in the EUHFC this weekend, and of
course it is not supported.

The exchange is two digits being the year of licence of the
operator. In my case e.g. I send 59959. The best thing I can
think of is to use the IARU format which will correctly score
the digits as mults. ( Exception 00, but if I mark the field as
not required, it also works).

Of course the points score will not be correct, because this
event is simply 1 pt per QSO. However I think this should be
pretty straightforward to massage post contest. We are probably
talking of 500/600 QSOs.

If anyone has a better idea, I would be pleased to hear it. You
might also say I'm mad and should revert to TRlog for this one!

tia

73

Clive
GW3NJW