[WriteLog] Module modification gotcha?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Module modification gotcha?
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 12:45:47 +0100
Having modified a couple of modules to run contests otherwise
not supported, e.g. IARU to  run EUHFC, I ran into the following
problems in 10.127g

1.( consistently and repeatably) Completion of keyboard sending
no longer occurs, when for example I do the following

Key W5 <return>
Key XD

In this case only W5 gets sent, which is not the case for any
unmodified module. The same occurs if F10 is used instead of
return.

2. ( intermittently) From F1 (CT mode) two CQs are pasted
together without a space

The massaging was done via the Contest|Exchange Format Setup, as
per the manual, deleting and/or modifying fields in the
exchange.

I hope there is a solution, or that I have done something wrong,
as otherwise it implies that adaption of modules is impractical
for someone whose keyboard skills are not of the highest , like
my own.

tia

73

Clive