[WriteLog] Strange Events W/ MMTTY In SARTG

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Strange Events W/ MMTTY In SARTG
From: tmwebb@ionet.net (Thomas Webb)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:21:48 -0500
Particpated in the first 8 hours section of SARTG.  I noticed numerous
instances when I had to use FSK-Rev to copy a signal.  I suddenly realized
if I tuned a bit, the same station came up 'normal'!  I did a bit of
experimenting and discovered if I tune down the frequency, the station which
can be copied moves to the left of the MMTTY display as per normal.
However, very quickly another signal appears moving to the right; this is
the reverse of the original signal!  I quickly learned to tell which is
which; the normal signal allowed the 'crossed bananas' to form; the reversed
signal wouldn't.  I anyone else seeing this?

Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5