[Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog won't work with DXP38]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog won't work with DXP38]
From: ac5aa@usa.net (Duane Calvin)
Date: 19 Aug 2001 15:33:38 CDT
Thanks, John - I know it is workable because it worked fine with the exact
same setup on the last PC.  And, the TNC works fine with XPWIN (XPWare) and
with DXPWin (HAL).  Something about the way it is set up with WriteLog doesn't
allow it to communicate with the PC.  That's what has me scratching my head.
The COM port has to work or it wouldn't work for either of the other two
applications.  The DXP38 works, or it wouldn't work with the other two apps.
And, it worked fine on my last PC with WriteLog (a slightly earlier level -
I've applied the 26b and 27 levels to this PC.)  Can you suggest a place to
start looking - or maybe I should just reinstall WriteLog from scratch again
and see if that fixes things....  ??!!

  73, Duane

"WA9ALS - John" <wa9als@starband.net> wrote:
I don't know of any "special tricks" to make that work - I think lots of us
are using or have used the DXP38 with WriteLog.  I think you will have to
provide every litle detail about how you have it hooked up and setup in
order for anyone to see what's wrong.  Just know it IS workable.  GL - 73