[WriteLog] WriteLog Scoring Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog Scoring Problem
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:40:00 -0000
Hi Don,

I worked 7L4IOU as well so this is interesting. I think WriteLog scored the
multiplier correctly as the rules in SARTG state that stations operating
outside of their normal call area should sign portable (i.e., K9JY/4 if I
would have used my callsign at K4JA's). I know that it correctly scored
stateside stations signing portable.

Now, I didn't know 7L4IOU was in the first call area of JA (how could I know
from the callsign??). So the ugly question for the contest sponsor is that
if the station doesn't sign portable, does it obligate the all the other
stations to have a tool like WT4I's Cabrillo program (which I own) to know
where everyone is located and change their multiplier total??

I think probably a RTTY reflector posting question since I believe WriteLog
is scoring correctly based upon the rules. Some guidance from the contest
sponsors would be nice on this one!

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com