[WriteLog] USB versus Serial Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB versus Serial Ports
From: IDarack@prodigy.net (IRWIN C DARACK)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:04:13 -0400
Everyone,

There seems to be a lot of debate over which version of Windows to use. I am
thinking about updating my old 133 Mhz (home brew) shack machine with
something a little more modern. Since I have an original copy of Win98SE
there is no problem here. The question I have is around the use of USB
versus serial ports. One of my wishes is for a machine that will give me
three serial ports. One for Radio control, one for Tnc and the other to key
a Rtty/psk31 transmit (Rigblaster?). What is everyone's experience using USB
ports with Serial adapters.

Thanks, Irwin KD3TB