[WriteLog] Writelog problems and questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog problems and questions
From: writelog@roemming.dk (OZ0J - Jorgen)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:04:31 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C142BF.7B0079A0

Hello

During my investigation of Writelog I found some errors / unsuitable =
items / disadvantages or whatever you will call it. I will mention these =
items here, and I hope to get some respondance from the group.

1) When you start Writelog in e.g. CQWW SSB, Writelog starts in 1800 LSB =
mode. It is also starting there, if you restart the same log. Is it =
possible to tell Writelog, that it MUST start in the mode and frequency =
where the latest QSO where worked?

2) When I work XP1AB in the log, it tells me that is is in CQ Zone 14 =
and country =3D Denmark. As I have told K5DJ earlier XP1AB is Greenland =
(OX). I know that I have to change the country file, but will tell the =
other users that XP1AB is Greenland? Do you send out an updated country =
file? Do you tell the Writelog mailing list? Or should I do that?

3) You have worked a QSO mentionen in No 2 and after logging you see =
that the QSO is in wrong country. How do you change the country? I have =
tried to put in the call sign (or the prefix) into the country file and =
I have tried to change the country directly in the log. Both solutions =
without success.

4) If you in a network by accident give 2 laptops the same letter in =
Setup, link to network, how can you see which PC is sending the network =
information? Can you avoid this problem?

5) If you in a network give 2 laptops the same network display name, can =
that make some disturbances during the logging? If you how do you =
solve/avoid that?

Vy 73 de OZ0J, Jorgen

Now you have the change to work XP1AB.
=20
XP1AB will be used during the CQWW SSB 2001 contest.
=20
See details at http://www.qsl.net/xp1ab
=20
Quitters never win - Winners never quit !!!
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C142BF.7B0079A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>During my investigation of Writelog I found some =
errors /=20
unsuitable items&nbsp;/ disadvantages or whatever you will call it. I =
will=20
mention these items here, and I hope to get some respondance from the=20
group.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1) When you start Writelog in e.g. CQWW SSB, =
Writelog starts=20
in 1800 LSB mode. It is also starting there, if you restart the same =
log. Is it=20
possible to tell Writelog, that it MUST start in the mode and frequency =
where=20
the latest QSO where worked?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2) When I work XP1AB in the log, it tells me that is =
is in CQ=20
Zone 14 and country =3D Denmark. As I have told&nbsp;K5DJ earlier XP1AB =
is=20
Greenland (OX). I know that I have to change the country file, but will =
tell the=20
other users that XP1AB is Greenland? Do you send out an updated country =
file? Do=20
you tell the Writelog mailing list? Or should I do that?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>3)&nbsp;You have worked a QSO mentionen in No 2 and =
after=20
logging you see that the QSO is in wrong country. How do you change the =
country?=20
I have tried to put in the call sign (or the prefix) into the country =
file and I=20
have tried to change the country directly in the log. Both solutions =
without=20
success.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>4) If you in a network by accident give 2 laptops =
the same=20
letter in Setup, link to network, how can you see which PC is sending =
the=20
network information? Can you avoid this problem?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>5) If you in a network give 2 laptops the same =
network display=20
name, can that make some disturbances during the logging? If you how do =
you=20
solve/avoid that?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Vy 73 de OZ0J, Jorgen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now you have the change to work =
XP1AB.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>XP1AB will=20
be used during the CQWW SSB 2001 contest.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>See details at <A =

href=3D"http://www.qsl.net/xp1ab";>http://www.qsl.net/xp1ab</A><BR>&nbsp;<=
BR>Quitters=20
never win - Winners never quit !!!<BR>THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE =
!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C142BF.7B0079A0--