[WriteLog] Here are my RTTY messages

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Here are my RTTY messages
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:46:13 -0500
they stand now for the CQWWRTTTY.  Some will recognize the logic of 04-04
and IN IN etc.  Maybe this will help some newcomers, and of course, we hope
there will continue to be a lot of them!  There may be better setups...
YMMV.

I also posted this on my web site at
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/rtty_msgs.htm, if Scot, Don or anyone wants to
link to them.

Gil wrote:
> I will miss a TRLOG feature here. In search and pounce with that program
if
> the CALL is in the CALL field it just automatically calls the station with
> a preset exchagne just by pressing enter. Is there such a feature here?

NORMAL KEYS:
F2  %R%D TU 599-04-04 IN IN DE WA9ALS %R%E
F3  %R%D TU GL DE WA9ALS QRZ %R%E
F4  %R%D DE WA9ALS WA9ALS %R%E
F5  %R%D QSL 599-04-04 IN IN WA9ALS %R%E
F6  %R%D IN IN IN IN IN WA9ALS %R%E
F7  %R%D STATE? STATE? WA9ALS %R%E
F8  %RCQ CQ CQ CQWW DE WA9ALS WA9ALS %RCQ CQ CQ CQWW DE WA9ALS WA9ALS %R%E
F9  %RTHANKS NEW MULT %R%E
F10 %R%D 599-04-04 IN IN WA9ALS %R%E
F11 %RCQ CQ CQ CQWW DE WA9ALS WA9ALS CQ %R%E

SHIFTED KEYS:
SHIFT-F4:  %R%D DE WA9ALS WA9ALS WA9ALS WA9ALS %R%E
SHIFT-F6:  %R%D 04-04-04-04-04 WA9ALS %R%E
SHIFT-F7   %R%D STATE? STATE? WA9ALS %R%E
SHIFT-F8   %R%D AGN? AGN? WA9ALS %R%E
SHIFT-F9   %RHELLO %H %R%E

You can set Writelog up such that in S&P mode, pressing any of the function
keys above would send the other stations callsign (%D) and related message,
e.g. F4 for calling, and F5 for sending your exchange.

For running (CQ), pressing the INS key will send F10.  Then after you get
his/her exchange, pressing the plus key will log the QSO and send the QRZ
message (F3).

Note that you can press 2 keys quickly, e.g. F9-PLUS, or SHIFT-F9, F5 for a
few special people or occasional great mults.

And don't forget that the entry window titles are buttons that can be
programmed by shift-left-clicking on them, enter your macro, then press the
Return key!

Hope this helps someone.  Have fun!  73 - John