[WriteLog] Problem with wave mute

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with wave mute
From: franknorton@home.com (Frank Norton KB8XU)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:38:57 -0400
--=====================_1796694==_.ALT

Hi Jerry,

After days and days of wrestling with a PIII Dell tower with on board
sound, I finally made the move and bought a SoundBlaster Live! sound
board.  Now sound board check program gives me an F7, so it will do all
that WriteLog may ask.  Several friends purchased the "Value" version of
the card and are quite happy with it.  (About $25 cheaper.)

The on board Dell sound system never wud hold a setup even when we managed
to find one.  That is among the leading reason for shelling out the bucks
for a new card.

U can price these at ZD net site URL:   <http://www.zdnet.com/> and enter
sound blaster in the search.  It will list about 4 options, if u include
Live.  A lot more without it.  U can then get reviews and a list of which
sites sell for what price...I got prices on mine from $225 to $90 + #6 for
2 day priority mail shipping.  Quite a difference, eh?

Gud luck es 73 de Frank KB8XU

--=====================_1796694==_.ALT

After days and days of wrestling with a PIII Dell tower with on board
sound, I finally made the move and bought a SoundBlaster Live! sound
board.&nbsp; Now sound board check program gives me an F7, so it will do
all that WriteLog may ask.&nbsp; Several friends purchased the
&quot;Value&quot; version of the card and are quite happy with it.&nbsp;
(About $25 cheaper.)<br><br>
The on board Dell sound system never wud hold a setup even when we
managed to find one.&nbsp; That is among the leading reason for shelling
out the bucks for a new card.<br><br>
U can price these at ZD net site URL:&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt;<a href="http://www.zdnet.com/";
eudora="autourl">http://www.zdnet.com/</a>&gt;
and enter sound blaster in the search.&nbsp; It will list about 4
options, if u include Live.&nbsp; A lot more without it.&nbsp; U can then
get reviews and a list of which sites sell for what price...I got prices
on mine from $225 to $90 + #6 for 2 day priority mail shipping.&nbsp;
Quite a difference, eh?<br><br>
Gud luck es 73 de Frank KB8XU<br><br>
At 11:30 AM 9/25/2001 +0000, you wrote:<br>
Resending this as I did not see any responses.<br>
---------------------------------<br>
Glad to be back home again after business trips for last several weeks.
Am setting up a new DELL Workstation 530 for CQ/RJ WW RTTY DX next
weekend.<br><br>
Got contest file setup with version 10.27G of WriteLog.<br><br>
The computer has Integrated Analog Devices AD1885 AC'97 sound board.
Seems to be decoding ok so it is finding the proper Line In
channel.<br><br>
&lt;SNIP&gt; So I smell trouble.<br><br>
The only parameters I know about in the ini file were for over-riding the
Line In selection. What do I do on the playback side to tell WriteLog
where the Wave channel really is?<br><br>
I recall some of you have Dell computers with the integrated sound in
them - what have you done??<br><br>