[WriteLog] Help! FSK and Omni VI

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help! FSK and Omni VI
From: keith@kregli.com (Keith Regli)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:52:22 -0400
George,

I'm using a similar setup with an OMNI VI+ and it does FSK fine (although
you have to invert the signal).  My guess is when you mention port 4.  I
suspect that is some sort of add-on port.  Many folks have had problems
sending FSK on all sorts of add-on ports.  Try switching it to COM1 or 2 on
the motherboard and see if that works better.  You could also put an RS232
monitor (Radio Shack sells them pretty cheap) on the line and see if you can
prove that it is, in fact, keying.

It sounds like I missed a good one - only got on for a half hour Friday
night.

Keith Regli WB6BIG
mailto:keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com/wb6big.htm