[WriteLog] Actual functions?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Actual functions?
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:13:22 -0500
Hello Solo, et al.

Good question.  I know you are a RTTY contester as we
have worked several times.  I will explain them in terms
of RTTY but I suppose they could be used for CW also if
you are copying CW in the Rttyrite window.

I can explain SendcallExchangeKey= and QrzFunctionKey=
but I forget what CqFunctionKey= is used for other than
letting WriteLog know the function key for your CQ buffer.

Basically you put the F# of the buffers you have for
your Exchange, CQ and QRZ messages.

For example, if your Exchange buffer is F3 then your
entry would be:

SendcallExchangeKey=F3

This allows you to use the INSERT key to grab a highlighted
call in the RTTYrite window and send the contents of your
Exchange buffer F3 automatically.  A very useful function
when CQ'ing on RTTY.

If your confirmation message or QRZ buffer is F4, as an
example.  Your entry in the writelog.ini file would be:

QrzFunctionKey=F4

This allows you to use the + key on the numeric keypad to
log the station just worked and send the contents of your
QRZ message, in this case F4 (but it could be any F key you
use for this message).  This would be the same as pressing
Enter to log the QSO and then F4 to send QRZ.

I do not use CqFunctionKey= so I cannot comment other than
to say that you would enter the number of the function key
where your CQ buffer resides (in my case F2 since I do not
use CT mode).

I believe these entries are explained in the Help file
under special accelerator keys.

I hope this helps.

73, Don AA5AU