[WriteLog] no rtty

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] no rtty
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:19:44 -0500
> rtty window and set it for Kam. It initializes it and doesnt give
> me any error messages.My tuning screen doesnt come up unless I click on
fsk
> or afsk but then the program says it cant
> open sound board but the tuning screen comes up.

If you click on AFSK or FSK, those are sound board options - You are telling
it to use the soundcard as your TNC.  You don't want that if you are using
the KAM.

When I
> clicked on the frequency window and set it to fsk and the I have radio
> control so I set that to the proper com port.I receive nothing on the rtty
> screen and dont know what else to do.Any suggestions?

What port is the KAM on?  (Hopefully different than rig control)

>     Next, the sound card rtty. When I try to run the program with the
sound
> card, it always says that it cant open the sound card. I have read
> everything I know of in the programs help manual but cant seem to get the
> right setup or something. Also, does a sound card have a com port?

No.

I have
> clicked on all the com ports listed in the program when I bring it up but
> com 1-4 is taken by either my rig control cables and kam unit and com 1 is
> mouse.

If the mouse is on COM 1, you might not be able to use COM3 for anything
(same IRQ).  If the KAM -or- the rig control CAT cable is on COM 2, then you
can't use COM 4 for the other (same IRQ).  You need an unshared com port for
the KAM and another for the rig control and another for the mouse.

Do you really have a serial mouse?  Hope this helps.