[WriteLog] Writelog and Win XP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog and Win XP
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:33:46 -0500
--=====================_9024186==_.ALT

At 21:56 10/12/2001, Richard Thorne wrote:
>Just finished moving all of my files to my new machine running XP.
>
>Communications with my 1000mp works fb.  But when I go to select an LPT
>port for keying it cannot be done.  I cannot select an LPT port.

Read the document and copious warnings given by the author. LPT is NOT
supported in NT, or WIN2000 and by extension XP. Furthermore, he ways it
cannot and will not EVER be supported, or least he has no plan to do so. XP
IS WIN2000 on steroids the way I look at it.

You will have to use a COMM port.

>I guess its time to build the serial interface.
>
>Rich Thorne
>N5ZC
>Amarillo, TX

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_9024186==_.ALT

At 21:56 10/12/2001, Richard Thorne wrote:<br>
files to my new machine running XP.<br><br>
Communications with my 1000mp works fb.&nbsp; But when I go to select an
LPT<br>
port for keying it cannot be done.&nbsp; I cannot select an LPT
Read the document and copious warnings given by the author. LPT is NOT
supported in NT, or WIN2000 and by extension XP. Furthermore, he ways it
cannot and will not EVER be supported, or least he has no plan to do so.
XP IS WIN2000 on steroids the way I look at it.<br><br>
You will have to use a COMM port.<br><br>
serial interface.<br><br>
Rich Thorne<br>
N5ZC<br>
Amarillo, TX<br><br>