[WriteLog] QSO Party Modules/Rules

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] QSO Party Modules/Rules
From: Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl (Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:33:12 +0200
Hello,

Yesterday I took a closer look to the available QSO Party modules in
Writelog and found the following:

CONTEST  CW  SSB MULT/MODE    BANDS  COUNTY FIELDS  SERIAL NR
CA-QP    2   1   COMBINED     160-2  MULTIPLE       YES
FL-QP    2   1   SEPERATED    40-10  MULTIPLE       NO
MN-QP    2   1   COMBINED     160-6  MULTIPLE       YES
PA-QP    1   1   COMBINED     160-2  MULTIPLE       YES
TX-QP    3   2   COMBINED     160-6  SINGLE         NO

The CW and SSB columns show the scoring on 20m, the MULT/MODE says if the
counties are counted as mult per mode or combined, COUNTY FIELDS says how
many fields are available to enter counties and SERIAL NR tells if there's a
serial Nr field.

Lately I actively work state QSO Parties. They are always a great fun and
from EU they can be really challanging. In addition they provide a good
opportunity for me to get a better grip on Writelog (I still have to climb
my way up on the learning curve). Before I enter a QP I always try to find a
QP, which is already implemented in Writelog and has a similar rule-set as
the one I want to join. The last step is to modify the county codes in the
namedmul.ini file.

However, the QP organizers are very intuitive to find out different rules
for their own QP  :) and nearly all the combinations are available for the
table column. The WA-QP (Salmon Run) is for example:

       CW  SSB MULT/MODE    BANDS  COUNTY FIELDS  SERIAL NR
WA-QP  4   2   COMBINED     160-6  MULTIPLE       NO

The IL-QP (ON COMING WEEKEND) is

       CW  SSB MULT/MODE    BANDS  COUNTY FIELDS  SERIAL NR
IL-QP  2   1   COMBINED     160-2  MULTIPLE       NO

The FL-QP would be a useful (I don't anticipate 80m QSOs) but that's the QP
where the counties count per mode.

After this long intro, I have two questions:

1, In the namedmul.ini there can be 4 areas for a QP: In-state mults,
out-of-state mults and their corresponding alias fields. Where is it
specified if an alias are is used?

For example in CA-QP there's an alias area for the CA counties, but when I
tried to create the an alias area for FL-QP using the same syntax, it's not
recognized by Writelog.

2, Could someone come up with a module for the COMBINED MULTS/MULTIPLE
COUNTY FILELDS/NO SEREIAL combination before the IL-QP this weekend, please
? :)

Thanks,

Zoli HA1AG

Ps: If you reply privately, send it to ha1ag@compuserve.com (I can't read
this account after Thursday for two weeks)