[WriteLog] editing/converting WAV files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] editing/converting WAV files
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:21:16 -0500
--=====================_125475994==_.ALT

GoldWave

http://www.goldwave.com

Will let you resample them without actually recording again. I don't think
it will do al at once. You can drag and drop to load them all if you have
enough memory but you just select resample and the rate and press enter and
it is now at the new rate then save the file. You would probably have to do
that 200 times. I doubt any software easily around will do all at once.
Good luck.

At 07:33 10/17/2001, Dez in Cyprus wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Well I've finally recorded my .wav files and am ready to go in CQWW ssb.
>
>I've just counted up and found that I have slightly more than 200 .wav files
>at my disposal,
>it has taken about a month to record them all.
>
>However, I began sampling at 44 KHz - 16 bit - mono, and of course Writelog
>requires
>all .wav files to be of the same format.
>
>I have come to the conclusion that my sampling rate is more than adequate,
>and in fact
>22 KHz - 16 bit - mono, or even 11 KHz would suffice.
>
>Hence the point of my posting:
>
>Is there any software out there which will allow me to convert 200 files en
>masse, from
>44 KHz to say 22 KHz.
>
>I really don't fancy resampling them one-by-one. If I can convert them all
>in one go that'd
>be great. Anyone recommend or know of any suitable software?
>
>73
>
>Dez

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_125475994==_.ALT

GoldWave<br><br>
Will let you resample them without actually recording again. I don't
think it will do al at once. You can drag and drop to load them all if
you have enough memory but you just select resample and the rate and
press enter and it is now at the new rate then save the file. You would
probably have to do that 200 times. I doubt any software easily around
will do all at once. <br>
Good luck.<br><br>
At 07:33 10/17/2001, Dez in Cyprus wrote:<br>
Well I've finally recorded my .wav files and am ready to go in CQWW
ssb.<br><br>
I've just counted up and found that I have slightly more than 200 .wav
files<br>
at my disposal,<br>
it has taken about a month to record them all.<br><br>
However, I began sampling at 44 KHz - 16 bit - mono, and of course
Writelog<br>
requires<br>
all .wav files to be of the same format.<br><br>
I have come to the conclusion that my sampling rate is more than
adequate,<br>
and in fact<br>
22 KHz - 16 bit - mono, or even 11 KHz would suffice.<br><br>
Hence the point of my posting:<br><br>
Is there any software out there which will allow me to convert 200 files
en<br>
masse, from<br>
44 KHz to say 22 KHz.<br><br>
I really don't fancy resampling them one-by-one. If I can convert them
all<br>
in one go that'd<br>
be great. Anyone recommend or know of any suitable software?<br><br>
73<br><br>
Dez<br><br>