[WriteLog] Here Here

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Here Here
From: norman@voyager.co.nz (John Shaw ZL1BYZ)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:07:03 +1300
At the risk of this thread taking off.  I would to agree with Mike here.
Perhaps some are a bit quick to post a question on the reflector.   But
whats the harm.
I'd like to relate something that I have seen happen here in the ham world.
 Probably nearly 20 years ago, when quite a few of us here were new to ham
radio everything was new and exciting and some of the keen ones started
doing some awards on the 2 meter repeaters.  Well the old farts got there
nickers in a twist and started making niggly noises about all the activity
on the repeaters.  Well today those same repeaters are out there and they
sit there quiet all day not a peep.  The old farts have moved on, and so
have the new ones.
Enjoy 73 de John ZL1BYZ