[WriteLog] Log entry problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Log entry problems
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:45:18 -0500
--=====================_93145616==_.ALT

At 11:24 10/20/2001, Dave Earnest wrote:
>Is it normal to click on a call in the rttyrite window and have the log
>entry window put the call in and jump to the RST field? This is in the CQ
>mode.
>
>I would expect the program to check for dupe and the cursor to be in the
>call field. The operator would just want to hit return and have the call
>and exchange sent. With the cursor immediately moved to the RST field and
>you hit return the sucker is going to send QSL/QRZ instead of the call and
>report.
>
>Yes, I am a  long time TRlog user and have been spoiled by it's seamless
>operation.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

I think it is WAD which as you point out is wrong!
Another former TRLOG user. :-)

>73,
>
>Dave K7JJ
>
>David E. Earnest
><http://www.qsl.net/k7jj>http://www.qsl.net/k7jj

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_93145616==_.ALT

At 11:24 10/20/2001, Dave Earnest wrote:<br>
color="#000080">Is
it normal to click on a call in the rttyrite window and have the log
entry window put the call in and jump to the RST field? This is in the CQ
mode. </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
check for dupe and the cursor to be in the call field. The operator would
just want to hit return and have the call and exchange sent. With the
cursor immediately moved to the RST field and you hit return the sucker
is going to send QSL/QRZ instead of the call and report.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
TRlog user and have been spoiled by it's seamless operation.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
I think it is WAD which as you point out is wrong!<br>
Another former TRLOG user. :-)<br><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<a