[WriteLog] Running out of "com" ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Running out of "com" ports
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:12:48 -0500
--=====================_238792445==_.ALT

I have a PCI 2 port card in both of my machines running Windows 2000 and
both work fine.

At 03:43 10/22/2001, Raymond W. Brann wrote:
>Hi, I could sure use a couple additional "serial ports" on my pc.
>Wonder if anyone has added an I/O card and had good success using
>the added ports for rig/rotor control etc., what make / manufacture, PCI
>or ??
>
>I have an older Gateway PII-400 and it does have one USB port that is
>currently unused but
>have heard that a USB card might not be the way to go.
>
>Appreciate your assistance,
>Thanks
>Ray

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_238792445==_.ALT

I have a PCI 2 port card in both of my machines running Windows 2000 and
both work fine.<br><br>
At 03:43 10/22/2001, Raymond W. Brann wrote:<br>
additional &quot;serial ports&quot; on my pc.<br>
Wonder if anyone has added an I/O card and had good success using<br>
the added ports for rig/rotor control etc., what make / manufacture,
PCI<br>
or ??<br><br>
I have an older Gateway PII-400 and it does have one USB port that
is<br>
currently unused but<br>
have heard that a USB card might not be the way to go.<br><br>
Appreciate your assistance,<br>
Thanks<br>
Ray<br><br>