[WriteLog] WL and W2000

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL and W2000
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:47:15 -0400
Win 98 allows you to use the old DOS, which is required for full
functionality with some of the older ham programs intended for DOS
operation. I am not sure about 2000, but I know ME has a limited version of
DOS, not full-featured.

I use Win98se on my ham radio computers. It seems to be a good choice
unless you need special features such as the later OS'es provide. I have a
separate computer for general-purpose use, and it has ME, and will probably
be upgraded to XP

Jerry W4UK