[WriteLog] On screen bandmap(s)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] On screen bandmap(s)
From: Ric Plummer" <ricp@alum.wpi.edu (Ric Plummer)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:40:00 -0000
Clearly with 14/15" monitors there is a set of tradeoffs as to what is most
important, and of course that varies with the activity during a contest, but
even then, the band map or at least a portion of it can be sized to work for
you along with other things you deem important.
Try sizing each and turning on and off things like the packet spot window as
you use the band map, you should find combinations that work for you.

Now, for SO2R, I have found that the investment in a second video card and
monitor is well worth it !! I am using Windows 2000, but I believe 98SE also
suports this. The second monitor is on a shelf above the first, so it's
nearly contiguous and things like band maps and score summary and terminal
window for packet can fit up there.

I also use a second sound card so the Windows and Writelog Audio Review can
come out of the speakers and not into the radio.

Happy WriteLogging

Ric KV1W