[WriteLog] WinXP and WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WinXP and WriteLog
From: ac5aa@usa.net (Duane Calvin)
Date: 3 Nov 2001 00:00:24 CST
Last weekend I did a migration install of WinXP on my formerly WinME system.
Most things have worked well, and the improved stability was immediately
obvious (but then WinME would make anything look solid)...  But now my problem
- WriteLog fails immediately after the contest window appears on the screen.
Error signature is:

AppName: writel32.exe    AppVer: 10.0.28.4       ModName: wlogcw32.dll
ModVer: 10.0.23.5        Offset: 000011d9

Is anyone running WriteLog 10.28D on WindowsXP Home, and if so, did you have
any trouble getting it to run?  Since I can't get it up to change any
configuration info, I can't tell if this is the CW module ("wlogCW32.dll" ??)
which was pointed at the LPT or something completely different.  I've
completely uninstalled and reinstalled with the exact same error.  Suggestions
welcome (no, I'm not going back to WinME - hi!)

   73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1