[WriteLog] Bug Reports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bug Reports
From: Bruce A. King" <baking@gis.net (Bruce A. King)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:35:08 -0500
Hi Jeff,

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but....

I'd send it to Ron, k5dj@writelog.com. Let me add the usual suggestions...
include as much info as you can. e.g. rig type, computer hardware (ram, cpu
speed etc), rig interface, operating system including version, Writelog
version number, number of serial ports & use, other peripherals attached,
programs running at the same time as Writelog, network info. etc... you get
the idea... Include the sequence or conditions that allow the problem to be
easily replicated, or at least describe what you were doing when the problem
showed up. I suggest that you "precategorize" problems into a few buckets to
help, specifically;

Hi priority... some *major* function doesn't work e.g. program crashes or
can't log contacts
Medium priority... a function doesn't work, but there's a workaround
Low priority...  a function doesn't work, but the impact is cosmetic or
easily avoided
Documentation... what's written doesn't agree with what the program does
Enhancement.. it would be neat if...

73 Bruce W1CSM