[WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:53:21 -0000
Hi

Unfortunately I am unable to complete the migration to WL, since
it does not yet support sufficient contests. Thus I must revisit
( e.g.) TR for this purpose. However then I am without the SO2R
support offered by the W5XD box.

Is there some way that these facilities can be utilised outside
WL? In particular I ponder how the key signal is enabled via the
selected COM port, in my case COM1 doubling up for control on
Radio A. Is this perhaps via an A/B signal from WL, not
supported by other progs.?

Also I am aware that driver routines in C++ are provided for the
keyer. Is it possible to compile these routines as a DLL, and
bolt on e.g. to another Windows prog. like N1MM if not for the
DOS progs.

Advice appreciated.
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org