[WriteLog] CORDLESS HEADSET

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CORDLESS HEADSET
From: sentek@sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:06:45 -0500
If you use the right ones, they're great.  I have the larger Advents (think
the model is 770) and they utilize a 900 MHz channel.  Some time ago I wrote
a short article on Eham.com on the subject and you can find a photo there
along with some tips.  You can get the phones on ebay for a pretty good
price.  I suspect there are so many available because they do not really
perform very well for music.  There's a slight distortion that's
unacceptable if listening to a high-end music system, but they sound just
great for SSB and CW.  The only downside I see for a contest is that the
batteries would have to be replaced every 6 hours or so.  That's what I get
out of my rechargeable Nicads.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC