[WriteLog] Digital Voice Cards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Digital Voice Cards
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:51:26 EST
--part1_15b.464203b.292c70ae_boundary

In a message dated 11/20/2001 4:30:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kg0us@swbell.net writes:

> If your going to use Writelog in Windows then just buy a $20 Soundblaster
> card
> and be done with it. There is no need to screw around with a contest card
> that
> was created back in the dinosaur age of computers with sound cards as
> inexpensive as they are.

Great advice if you can get the computer noise and echo effects out of the
sound card and if you can match levels and eliminate RFI. I don't have those
issues with the W9XT board. It just works.

Tom, K5RC

--part1_15b.464203b.292c70ae_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial"
LANG="0">In a message dated 11/20/2001 4:30:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kg0us@swbell.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">If your going to use Writelog in Windows
then just buy a $20 Soundblaster card<BR>
and be done with it. There is no need to screw around with a contest card
that<BR>
was created back in the dinosaur age of computers with sound cards as<BR>
inexpensive as they are.<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
Great advice if you can get the computer noise and echo effects out of the
sound card and if you can match levels and eliminate RFI. I don't have those
issues with the W9XT board. It just works.<BR>
<BR>
Tom, K5RC<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_15b.464203b.292c70ae_boundary--