[WriteLog] RIGblaster & WL .wav files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RIGblaster & WL .wav files
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:16:20 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Jim McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 23:04
To: writelog@contesting.com

I have my new RIGblaster Plus working fine with the MMTTY plug-in with WL
(using FSK and PTT on a serial port) and can even transmit PSK31, though I
haven't bothered to set the TX audio level.  It's nice for sound card
digital - very configurable as described in December QST.

What I haven't figured out how to do is to record .wav files using the rig's
microphone.  It's connected to the RIGblaster, which goes to the line-in
jack on the soundcard though the isolation circuitry.  Similar circuitry is
between the audio (speakers) out on the sound card and the microphone input
of the radio.

You cannot use the Mic if it is connected to the RigBlaster. There is no ath
back to the sound card Mic in. It would be a nice addition for what they
charge for that thing, especially the pro version of rigblaster. You can
move the mic uyour self (need a cable to adapt to card) or use a simple
second mic. I don';t theink the quail;ity would be a problem for that
application.

All I record with Windows Sound Recorder is receive audio.

You'll probably tell me that RIGblaster can't do the .wav files, but I hope
not.  No, I haven't called the RIGblaster guys yet, which I'll do if I have
to.

Thanks.

Jim N7US